Thursday, September 10, 2009

Great Book - The Time Traveler's Wife



So I gave in to the pressure and finally read The Time Traveler's Wife .  My book club chose it this month, on my recommendation, and I finished it last night.  Well, I loved it.  It was beautifully written.  I was afraid that the time travel would pose a "premise problem" for me.  But it was not an issue at all.  I was afraid it would be too sappy, but it wan not.  The characters were flawed enough to be real.  I highly recommend this book to all readers, but as one reader, the Erin, said - -it is a good Army Wife read, all the waiting, wondering and worrying made the plot relative.

On another note, the author is very anti-Kindle, so you have to actually buy or borrow this book.  No download.  Bummer.  Also, I have heard the movie makes some changes that can frustrate readers.  Haven't seen it yet.  Don't know if I will.

And one more note - interestingly, this book takes place in Michigan and Chicago - two of my favorite places.  The street references and the sights made the book a mini vacay to the Windy City for me.  They even Eat at Ed's!

Enjoy - I did.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

loved this one too!