Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Guitar

This is my guitar:


I love my guitar.  I didn't always.  For a long time, I resented my guitar.  Let me tell you why.  I bought this guitar way back at Fort Hood.  That is 10 years ago.  I had some birthday money, and I went to the local pawn shop/musical instrument distributor and scooped up the best thing I could afford.  For months, held it, strummed it, caressed it.  Then I put it back in its box.  Not case, box.  It lived there for some time.  It moved to new and exciting posts.  One year, it even got a nice new case - the multiple moves had done much damage to its box.  Every time I dared to dig into my closet I would see my guitar and think...ugh!  one more thing I own that I don't use.  But I couldn't let it go.

So, finally, this year I have started lessons.  My teacher, the Lisa, is fabulous.  Every Monday morning, I go to my lesson and leave feeling like I have taken on the world!!  I love to practice.  Amazing how Twinkle Twinkle Little Star just never gets old.  And scales... love 'em.  Chords...let's not talk about those just yet.  I am praying for my left hand to be flexible and less wimpy! 

So, am I a Rock Star yet?  Maybe not.  But give me some time...

No comments: