Sunday, June 28, 2009

More Rick and Jen in NYC

Since today is my 12th anniversary, I think I will show some more pics from our NYC no kids mini vacay!

Here we have Rick pointing out the bust of his ancestors, I guess.

We saw Chicago together. Rick isn't too into musical theater, but he humors me on occasion. It was a great show. I also saw God of Carnage with James Gandolfini, Marcia Gay Harden and Jeff Daniels. It was hilarious.




I wanted to take pictures everywhere, and here is one outside the
little PD right in Times Square. There are NYPD everywhere
in the city, and they are very helpful!
We spent lots of time at Ellis Island which was very interesting. I learned a lot. I especially enjoyed the walk through rooms where you could trace the path of immigrants from arrival to approval. I recommend getting the headphones for the self tour if you ever go. I didn't, and regret it. Its too hard to listen on the little phones with lots of other people wanting to listen as well.





The immigrants brought all sorts of things with them, but my favorites, of course, were handmade crafts and heirlooms. These are examples of needlework, both artistic and for daily use. Amazing, to think, it was all done, stitch by stitch, by hand.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your mini-NYPDC picture! Ben wanted me to take my picture in front of the Recruiters station in Times Square but I didn't. I had the best time there and just told me friend that lives there I need another girls trip!