Sunday, August 9, 2009

Food Network @ the Dembowski Howski

Every Sunday, my delightful friends the Tom & Debi, have my family over supper.  They cook delicious entrees and desserts, usually experiments from Tom's online and tv recipe hunting.  Yum!  While we eat, we have been watching The Next Food Network Star.  I was inspired to try the 4 Step Chicken that Melissa D'Arabian says will adapt to hundreds of different chickeny combinations!  I also made her Potato Gratin.  Check out the recipes HERE   and THERE .

I altered things a bit, with what I had in the pantry, but the basic flavors were there and the technique was followed exactly.  Here is my result:

In the pan and 
on the plate
 
 My review - The chicken was fast, easy and tasty.  You really could adapt it to many flavors to fit almost any menu.  I will definitely make it again, using the same technique.  Because you make it quick and with a sauce, it is very moist.   The potatoes were good, but the 5 minutes is the prep time, they take a while to cook.  If you have a mandolin slicer, it is fairly simple to prep.  They were good, but you have to plan ahead for the cook time.   Overall - a realistic, usable recipe that everyone enjoyed!

No comments: